Why you might want to become a CSA member:
- You become a member of your community farm. Becoming a CSA member means you join the farm! You invest in the farm and reap the benefits of their successes throughout the season, all while supporting your local community.
- You save money. Vegetables are often delivered in their whole form, rather than trimmed down for efficient shipping. You get more food for your buck. By purchasing directly from the farmer you also receive a better deal on organic veggies.
- You'll feel healthier. Being inundated with vegetables means you eat more of them. Studies show that eating more fruits and vegetables decreases blood pressure and the likelihood of heart disease and diabetes.
- You'll become a better cook. Sometimes your delivery will contain items you've never cooked (or maybe even eaten) before! (Kholrabi?) You will have to get creative. Work with an ever-wider range of ingredients that expand your skillset and even your palette.
- The farm we partner with is W. D. Dickinson farm in National City.
- Members sign up by season. The upcoming season is October - December.
- CSA bags can be picked up from Home Ec every 2 weeks, for 12 weeks. (6 CSA bags total.)
- Each CSA bag includes 7-9 different freshly harvested vegetables, herbs, and fruit (as season permits,) as well as an edible bouquet and W.D. Dickinson Larder items.
- Quantities feed 2 heavy vegetable eaters for 2 weeks, or 4 average vegetable eaters for 2 weeks.
- Membership is $180 per season. (Works out to be $15/week.)
- Your membership also includes 2 farm tour tickets each month of the season. ( 6 total.)
Ready to sign up?